Workplace Success Program
NHEP/Workplace Success Program (WPS) prepares TANF recipients to enter the workforce by providing them with the skills, knowledge, experience, and support needed to obtain paid employment. The program offers a broad set of workforce development services starting with an in-depth vocational assessment process leading to a personal Career Plan.
WPS is funded by the NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the New Hampshire Community Action Agencies are key partners in delivering statewide employment and training services. Southern New Hampshire Services (SNHS) is state-wide administrator of the program and represents collaboration between the Division of Family Assistance and the New Hampshire Community Action Agencies to enable NHEP program participants to move from welfare to work.
Job Readiness/Job Search
Work Skills Training
About Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act
- Receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
The Workplace Success Program offers:
- Job readiness and job search
- Job Club which enables participants to practice mock interview skills, networking techniques, and share job search experiences.
- Embedded /work skills training
- Service bureau, which allows participants to perform work assignments that offer them the opportunity to learn new skills and obtain direct work experience.
- Work experience program (WEP) which provides participants an opportunity to improve their employability and gain the skills, knowledge and work habits necessary to obtain employment through supervised 16-week unpaid work assignments.
- On the job training (OJT) program
If you are receiving TANF, speak with your Counselor about a referral to the Workplace Success Program.
Community Action Program, Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.
TDD/TTY Access: RELAY NH (800) 735-2964