Volunteering can be a very rewarding personal experience. It allows you to have an impact and make a difference for members of your community. When you volunteer, you help shape the change that you want to see in our world, you can develop new skills, gain experience, and work towards a common goal.
Meeting new people, expanding your network and building relationships are also benefits of volunteering.
There are many volunteer opportunities at Community Action Program, Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc. Get involved and give back to the community.
Make a Difference
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
- Assist in our Concord warehouse packing boxes of supplemental foods for delivery to seniors state-wide.
- Deliver boxes of supplemental foods to homebound seniors or those without transportation. State-wide opportunities, if desired.
Food Pantry Volunteer
- Assist in one of our 4 local food pantries.
- Staffing the food pantry.
- Stocking shelves, packing food bundles, inventory management.
- Assist with monthly distribution of the Emergency Food Assistance Program at our Concord warehouse.
- Assist with the preparation of congregate meals.
- Assist serving meals at the center.
- Administrative and clerical support.
For more information, please contact the location where you would like to volunteer:
Alton - phone: (603) 875-7102 or email: email@example.com
Bradford - phone: (603) 938-2104 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concord - phone: (603) 228-6956 or email: email@example.com
Franklin - phone: (603) 934-4151 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laconia - phone: (603) 524-7689 or email: email@example.com
Pittsfield - phone: (603) 435-8482 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suncook - phone: (603) 485-4254 or email: email@example.com
Tilton - phone: (603) 527-8291 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ServiceLink Resource Center
- Opportunities vary.
- Volunteers are trained in specific knowledge areas including Medicare, Medicaid, and other available resources.
- volunteers answer calls and provide information about Medicare and Medicaid benefits to phone inquiries.
AmeriCorp Senior Companion Program
- Volunteers provide companionship for homebound older adults.
- Provide respite for family caregivers.
- No housekeeping or hands-on care.
- Must be 55 years or older.