The mission of Elder Services is to promote the physical, emotional and economic well-being of older adults and to promote their participation in all aspects of community life. Our eight multi-purpose Senior Centers, located throughout Belknap and Merrimack Counties, are an integral component of this mission.
The Centers provide daily community dining, exercise and wellness activities, education, cultural enrichment, health clinics, evidence-based classes, and a multitude of other social activities, designed to keep our participants healthy, independent, and connected with community life.
Serving People 60 +
Exercise and Wellness Activities
About Senior Centers
Ages Served: 60+
Income Guidelines: None
Geographic Area: Belknap and Merrimack Counties
Program Cost: Senior Centers are free to attend. Meals are donation-based. There are some low-cost fees for classes.
- Senior Centers are free for participants to attend.
- Community Dining may differ for each center.
- Meals meet 1/3 of the USDA recommended daily requirements and are donation-based. Suggested donation is $2 per meal.
- The centers are based on a multi-purpose model with numerous daily activities. Some activities include low-cost fees.
- The centers offer exercise and wellness activities, education, health clinics, cultural enrichment, and other social opportunities.
- Evidence-based programs such as Matter of Balance, Tai ji Quan, and Chronic Disease Self-Management are scheduled periodically.
- New activities and areas of interest continue to grow as participants become more involved.