AmeriCorps Senior Companion Program
The AmeriCorps Senior Companion Program NH is a statewide volunteer program that provides friendly visitation and transportation to homebound adults. Volunteers also provide respite to family caregivers in need of a break. Volunteers receive an hourly, tax-free stipend and mileage reimbursement for their time and travel. Applicants must be 55 years or older and must meet income requirements.
for Adults Aged 55+
About AmeriCorps Senior Companion Program
Ages Served: Volunteer companions and homebound adults receiving services must be 55 or older.
Income Guidelines: Contact us for income guidelines.
Geographic Area: NH
Program Cost: None
Other Requirements: Senior Companion volunteers must have reliable transportation and the required auto insurance coverage to transport homebound adults.
- Volunteer opportunity for adults aged 55 and older meeting income requirements.
- Provides respite for caregivers.
- Provides companionship for older adults unable to drive.
- Visits are available Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm.
- SCP provides companionship visits in the home and transportation during scheduled visits for social outings, errands and appointments.
- Companions do not provide housekeeping, meal preparation or personal care.