Electric Assistance Program (EAP)
The Electric Assistance Program provides income-eligible households with a discount on their electric bill. Discounts are effective for one year after enrollment and can range from
8%-76%. Households must re-certify each year in order to remain eligible for assistance.
Households may be eligible for both the Electric and Fuel Assistance Programs.
|People in Household||Monthly Gross Income (30 days)||Annual Gross Income|
|1||$ 3,422||$ 41,635|
|2||$ 4,475||$ 54,446|
|3||$ 5,528||$ 67,257|
|4||$ 6,581||$ 80,069|
|5||$ 7,634||$ 92,880|
|6||$ 8,709||$ 105,961|
For Households of 7 or more please call your local Area Resource Center.
* Income guidelines listed are for the start of the 2023-2024 program year and may increase at a later date if funding permits. It is best to apply ahead of time.
Operates Year Round
About Electric Assistance Program
Ages Served: All
Income Guidelines: Up to 200% FPG, higher guidelines if funding allows.
Geographic Area: Belknap/Merrimack Counties
Program Cost: None
Other Requirements: Must have an account in the name of an
adult member of the household.
- Program operates year-round. Applicants may apply at any time.
- Applications are accepted via mail, email, or appointment. Please call (603) 223-0043 for an application.
- Electric bill discount ranges from 8%-76%.
- Anyone experiencing an electric disconnect should contact Energy Assistance at
CAP Area Resource Centers