Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) provides fresh produce to seniors enrolled in the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP). From July-September, participants receive at their CSFP appointment, a bundle of produce that includes fresh vegetables and when available fruits. The program supports New Hampshire farmers and all produce is locally grown. Seniors receive nutrition education, information about storing and cooking their produce, and information on local farmer’s markets.
Storage, Cooking, & Nutrition Information
Supports New Hampshire Farmers
About Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
Ages Served: 60 +
Income Guidelines: Seniors must be enrolled in the (CSFP) Commodity Supplemental Food Program.
Geographic Area: Belknap, Coos, Grafton, and Merrimack Counties
Program Cost: None
Other Requirements: Seniors must meet the income, residency, and age requirements of CSFP.
- If a senior is eligible for the CSFP, they are eligible for the SFMNP.
- SFMNP produce bundles are provided in addition to the food CSFP participants receive.
- Seniors receive bundles with a minimum of five different fresh produce items.
- Storage, cooking, and nutrition information is provided along with the fresh fruits and vegetables.
- SFMNP is focused on improving the dietary health of local seniors.
- SFMNP helps support New Hampshire farmers