Fuel Assistance Program
The Fuel Assistance Program provides eligible households with assistance for heating their homes in the winter months. The program has specific qualifications that each household must meet, and the benefit is determined according to program guidelines.
Paid Heating Costs
Includes Wood and Pellets
About Fuel Assistance Program
Ages Served: All
Income Guidelines: Up to 200% FPG, higher guidelines if funding allows.
Geographic Area: Belknap and Merrimack Counties
Program Cost: None
Other Requirements: Must be responsible for paying heating costs at residence. Renters with heat included (non-subsidized) are also eligible for payment of a portion of monthly rent.
- Households with residents that are elderly, disabled, or children under age 6 may begin applying in July.
- Households that heat with wood or pellets may begin applying in July.
- Program opens to everyone annually on September 1
- Applications are accepted via mail, email, or appointments.
- Benefits are paid directly to the vendor or landlord.
- Households in need are encouraged to apply, as other resources may be available for heating needs.
- Denied applicants may reapply at any time up until April 30.
- Program closes each year on April 30, at which time unused benefits expire.
For an application, please call Energy Assistance at (603) 223-0043.
For the Fuel Assistance Program Manager, please call (603) 225-3295 ext. 1119 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAP Area Resource Centers